Audi A6 clucth problem

ricky80

Reaction score
Need help, can anyone tell me where the salve cylinder is on a Audi A6 2.4 V6 on a 1996. The reason I want to know is I am losing brake fluid but can't find any leaks. When you push the clutch down for long periods of time in 1st gear i.e traffic lights the car suddenly starts moving forward. When you go to pull away the bitting point is very low. I have to put my foot under the clutch pedal to bring it back up. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this.

Thanks for your time.

you should find the slave cylinder on the top of the gearbox right near the bell housing (positioned here so it can disengage/push the clutch lever).

could be air in the hydraulic system caused by your leak. it may also be a case of a worn clutch?

I agree with Audi5e more than likely seals have gone in the slave cylinder by the sounds of it as you lose pressure through the leak causing the clutch to engage onto the fly wheel

thank for all your help is his a gear box out job or not im looking in to it and will let you know thanks again

job done thanks for your help it was the slave cylinder all running well now thanks again