Audi 80 cabriolet brake system light warning

I

imported_tacka

i have a 1999 1.8 cabriolet and replaced all the brake pads due to the warning system light on the dash.

however after replacing the pads the light is more continous in flashing. I have checked the brake fluid level and that is fine too.

dunno what to do and i dont really want to take it to a dealer to resolve it.

what do they look like? is it visible from the brake pad?

When you changed the pads were there any wire indicators connected to them ,if not that would bring the light on to say the pads were low ,the indicator connects to the brake pad and then connects to plug which is situated at the back of the stub axle (wire lead that runs up and through inner wing to bulk head)

Some pads that are made by other companys dont have the indicator wire attached to them

If you do not have indicators im sure you can buy them from LUCAS not expensive

Dunno if you've already checked this put the brake warning light also flashes if you have low PAS fluid.

Cheers
Pete

damn didnt know or check the PAS steering fluid,i did notice that
it came on when i turned the wheel.

Now the car is at the dealers am sure am gonna get a hefty bill for something so small.

I used to have a 2000 1.8 final edition, the brake light used to stay on for the first few minutes and then go out. I had it back to the dealers and was told that the brakes were fine. So I just lived with it.
Were the pads low when you took them out?