1991 Audi 100 issues.

queenzentar

Reaction score
This car was purchased used in May 2003. My car has about 224,000km on it (139,187 miles). This is my first car, and I'm having some issues with it. I've almost had it with this car, and I really am pushing for a new one.

First, my dashboard brake light has been flickering for a while. I suspect this is probably because I need to check my fluid level and or my pads. Or it could be an electrical problem I noticed that the entire time I had the car, the light would stay on for 3-5 after I disengaged the parking brake. Any thoughts?

What bothers me the most about this car is there's no reasonably priced factory manual (210$ Canadian for the Audi Automotive one). And there is no Hanes manual available for it. This is my first car, and I would greatly appreciate the opprotunty to LEARN! Not to mention in my city, there's really only one authorized parts dealer. Have you guys found any way around the proprietary nature of Audi?

Here’s what HAS died on the car:

Battery
Radio
Air Conditioning
Tires/Valves (may or may not be related to car itself)
Front Axle
Thermostat

Current Issues:

Rear View Mirror (hubby knocked this off by accident reaching into the backseat)
Brake-light Issue
Oil Gasket (Old issue, been adding a bottle of oil now and then)

So, how about it, is this car done? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

the rear view mirror is relitavely easily re-attached with the right glue. The brake light may be caused by the hand brake lever not returning properly, or the switch is worn. I presume you have checked the fluid level?

which oil gasket are you talking about?

mine has 231 000km and drives up and down South Africa chasing rare birds with yours truly behind the wheel. I can take it just about anywhere. apart from a leaking power steering pump which will set me back about R2000 (US$330) new from ZF, the car still runs beautifully.
I agree with you that eventually hoses and seals will deteriorate and fail, but set replacing those against the cost of a new Audi, and you cannot compare. I had the compression checked the other day on mine and everything inside the motor still seems to be OK...