AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

fog light probs 89 coupe quattro uk

hi, i need advice,
    i have owned my 89 coupe quattro for about 3 weeks and cannot get my back or front fog lights to function. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

the fuse / bulbs and relay are ok and i am trying it with the lights on main beam.

now for the weird bit [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

on the buttons they illuminate as normal, when you select either of them the blue / green warning triangle on the switch flickers for a second then nothing.

i am stumped [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], the rear lights aren't attached to the tailgate so it's not the wire from car to bootlid

PLEASE HELP as crap weather imminant

PS happy xmas

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status

Re: fog light probs 89 coupe quattro uk

It sounds if you have dogdy fog light switch

To make sure when lights are on main beam take the switchs out (they just pull out gently) get a test light nothing fancy the ones you get on small screwdrivers make sure power is going to switch ,if it is it will be probably be the switch faulty

Back lights not connected to fog light if they were on every time you switched the lights on and you would tell by the number of people giving you the evils as they drive pass [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hope this helps

Tell us how you get on