oil presser

• Thread starter imported_my_audi_is_brok
  • Start date
I

imported_my_audi_is_brok

hi i have a 100 avant with a 2.8 v6 24 v in it it is a new ish engine cos the cambelt snaped on my old one what i want to ask is what should the oil presser gauge reade on it cos my is well over 5 bar or psi what ever it i just that with my old engine it would sit at about 5 with revs and 4- 4.5 on tickever so if any one could tell me if the gauge need resetting or if each gauge need setting to each engine

cheers mike

The gauge gets its reading from the sender unit, and that simply measures the pressure. You will probably notice a drop in pressure once your new oil gets a few hundred miles use. If you are worried about it, have a word with your local Audi dealer.

no i just want to check that that was right for the engine then all cos it is a lot faster now and i didn t know if that had any thing to do with it

Whats the mileage on the engine you got ?
The 2.8 which i have just sold yahooo!! the oil pressure sat about 5Bar when cold and 3Bar when warmed up (ticking over) and thats standard for that engine when run in
Note make sure there is not to much oil in engine because that can cause that to happen
Sounds like sender unit problem if anything
With all the stuff you doing on car you will be master of that model,Did you fit the engine yourself?

i was told the engine had about 90k miles one it and were is the sender unit cos i my tale it out of the old engine cos i stil have that one and just see if that makes any differentce and no i didnt fit it as i just didnt have the time

Howz the car going has the oil pressure sorted it self out ,Wasnt sure were sender was think is was were the oilfilter housing is???