A3 8P front speakers?

RQ

Reaction score
Hello,

I will install new front speakers to my Audi. Is it possible, that I connect my front spekers to that factory amplifier and take rear speakers off and connect those rear speakers to deck? Does the factory amplifier give more power to front spekers than the deck? Or is it even possible to do that and is there any sense?

This is how it goes normally:
WireDiagram1.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m281/theSaucee/Audi A3/Stereo/WireDiagram1.jpg

Thx for answering.

No benefit all all unless installing a proper amp for the fronts. The power output is identical front or rear, a massive 2 x 20w and not even RMS, that's peak.

Thanks for that. So I will install my new speakers like in picture and check how better sound is with Rainbow CSX 265 than with original speakers. Maybe later have to buy amplifier but first it is nice to see how it works with deck. Of course I have to damp doors first.

Are the a-pillars the best place to locate tweeters?

Ok, great. Thanks. I have already fitting adapters, they are plastic, not mdf but I think they are quite good if I install them good enough to the doors. I got those adapters from homeland so I didn't want to order those mdf from abroad. And if you use mdf adapters, you have to care that they won't get wet.

Can you say, how much i have to use vibroplast to dump my doors... Is one sheet for everywhere in the door enough? Audi has 2-doors, not 4. Is there another places where is recommend to put that. I have vibroplast 3,5m2 and I think it's enough for front doors.

You just spray the MDF with lacquer, no biggie. It's not a wet area anyway as it's away from the inside of the door.
TBH you don't need a lot of sound deadening, 1m2 will do both doors easily, the more you put on the less effective it becomes

Thank you AndyMac for answers!

I got my first door install but i'm confused with bass... There is not just much more bass than with original speakers. I don't know why. If you turn volume much you get bit bass but there is much more tweeters and it hurts ears. There is no "smooth" bass as I thought. What could be the reason?? I used some stuff to door (as you can see from pictures) and the install is very strong.

Is there some kind of limits in Audi A3 audio-system that you cannot get low basses? I mean is it configurated with original system or something?

What do I have to do? I haven't installed another door yet but I think there will be not big difference still between Rainbow CSX 165 and original speakers. Some ideas, what is wrong?

What do you think would the rear speakers unplug help? Or just do i have to buy amplifier and new cd-player. No it's some Panasonic. I just thought that it's possible to get some low bass even without amplifier but I don't know what is wrong.

Here two pictures of my install:

6411041.jpg
http://i3.aijaa.com/b/00560/6411041.jpg

6411044.jpg

As said the Audi power output is pathetic (2 x 20w peak, that's about 12wrms), you will not get much benefit, what were you expecting?