Cant pick up FM Radio on Audi Concert Cassette/Radio or Aftermarket Sony Unit

Waste82

Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the forum, so hello to everyone.

I'm having an issue with my Audi A3 2001, My Concert radio seemed to die last year which after finally managing to get the headunit out turned out just to be a blown fuse at the back, when the fuse was replaced I was unable to pick up any FM stations..well any freq for that matter. After driving around for over 3 months with no music I decided to buy an aftermarket Sony cd/mp3 to see if that made any difference. The problems I am having are the same - still cant pick up an FM signal.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Cheers,
Nick

Sorry to sound thick here, where abouts is the aerial base located?

Thanks

At the base of the aerial (funnily enough).
Are you using an antenna amp adapter with the Sony? It won't pick up much without it as the turn on to the aerial amp is supplied through the coax of the aerial cable, without this the amplifier in the aerial base will not switch on. It might be a duff amp in the aerial base but worth trying the adapter first as it's cheap and easy, whereas changing the aerial base is not. Also just check the HU is OK by inserting a small screwdriver into the centre core of the aerial socket, this will allow you to pick up FM no problem if the HU is OK.

Hi Andy,
I've yet to purchase an antenna amp adapter for the Sony, I wasnt sure that would work as the issue arised when i was using the concert radio cassette and has continued onto the sony. Ill def give it a try though as they dont cost much. Any ideas how much an aerial base would cost?
Thanks

Is it a fairly easy job? Can a complete tech mong such as myself manage it?

anyone know where I can pick up an aerial/antenna base besides Audi?