Adding amp to Synphony stereo?

bpjenks

Reaction score
Castration. Prevent them propagating their defective genes to any future generations...

Shaun Nedd. What a classic name. I guess he was born to be a scumbag! Wonder if he's friends with Kevin Scrote.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

No doubt they will all be out within two years to commit more crime…makes me sick!

Hi guys, i've got Bose in my S3 at the moment but i'm looking to upgrade the sound. Plan is to add a 6.5" sub from andymac i think and replace the front speakers. Ideally i'd like to keep my symphony headunit, so i was wondering if it was possible to add an amp to it. i.e. does it have any rca outputs?

Thanks

Yes it has front and rear pre-outs which drive the 4 ch Bose amp and the separate sub amp.
They are not on standard RCA's (of course) but a mini-ISO plug, so you need the Blaupunkt RCA adapter, which converts to standard RCA's and a remote on lead.
By using the adapter you will lose all the feeds to the cabin speakers and the Bose sub.
If you go for one of my subs, I don't use the adapter I just tap into the sub loom which has the rear pre-outs and remote on on it. However if you are replacing the Bose amp, then I would recommend the adapter as you can then use some decent RCA's rather than the shockingly bad Audi shyte.
You'll also need to get the HU deprogrammed of the Bose EQ. Dealer can do it or someone with VAGCOM.