EM TuningSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Re: Sc*m jailed

Castration. Prevent them propagating their defective genes to any future generations...

Shaun Nedd. What a classic name. I guess he was born to be a scumbag! Wonder if he's friends with Kevin Scrote.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status

Re: Sc*m jailed

No doubt they will all be out within two years to commit more crimemakes me sick!

Reverse Gear

Status

Adding amp to Synphony stereo?

Hi guys, i've got Bose in my S3 at the moment but i'm looking to upgrade the sound. Plan is to add a 6.5" sub from andymac i think and replace the front speakers. Ideally i'd like to keep my symphony headunit, so i was wondering if it was possible to add an amp to it. i.e. does it have any rca outputs?

Thanks

Status

Re: Adding amp to Synphony stereo?

Yes it has front and rear pre-outs which drive the 4 ch Bose amp and the separate sub amp.
    They are not on standard RCA's (of course) but a mini-ISO plug, so you need the Blaupunkt RCA adapter, which converts to standard RCA's and a remote on lead.
    By using the adapter you will lose all the feeds to the cabin speakers and the Bose sub.
    If you go for one of my subs, I don't use the adapter I just tap into the sub loom which has the rear pre-outs and remote on on it. However if you are replacing the Bose amp, then I would recommend the adapter as you can then use some decent RCA's rather than the shockingly bad Audi shyte.
    You'll also need to get the HU deprogrammed of the Bose EQ. Dealer can do it or someone with VAGCOM.

4th Gear

Status

Re: Adding amp to Synphony stereo?

why do you need to get rid of the bose settings? can they be re-added at a later date (for selling the car on in the future?)