ipod connection to oem stereo

s3_kev

Stage2'd!!!!!!
Reaction score
im getting sick of having to keep changing cd's buy going to the back of my s3 and changing 6 cd's at a time in the old changer so have been thinking of getting an ipod and connecting it to the std stereo i think its sympthony 1 system as its a 2000 pre facelift s3?? is this possibly to connect up?? as i dont really want to be changing stereo aswell i like the oem feel in side the car so if its not possible is there a decent stereo that looks oem??

cheers kev

Yes, just buy an xcarlink or Dension ICELink, this plugs into the changer input and fools the HU into thinking a changer is connected.

cheers mate, think ill go this route then cheers.

im also considering doing the sub enclosure you do can you use the std stereo and speakers and still get very good sound quality?? is so could you give me a price on the box jbl? sub amp to suit and all wiring for plug and play please. pm if you prefer.

cheers mate

How you doing? i have the same question but the cd player in my S3 has the cd changer built in....would the above still work??

Not sure if you got one yet, but i got one off ebay a dension 300 unit for £110!! Brand new well happy with it :arco: