Pioneer multi-changer

jediS3

Reaction score
Hello there, i've just got my Pioneer AVIC-X1 fitted in my S3.... everything working fine apart from my standard AUDI/BOSE 6-disk multi changer isn't connected!!
I rang the place where i'd had it fitted and they said that you need a pioneer multi-changer to work with a pioneer head unit and that my AUDI/BOSE changer is no use now....
I think he's giving me the run around here, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif
Could anyone point me in the right direction?!?!?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[censored].gif

Hi,

He isn't giving you the run around, the audi changer is only compatable with audi head unit.
Its a real pain but the plugs are completley different and there is no way of converting them to my knowledge.

Hope that is some help.

There are adapters to fit Panasonic, Alpine and Sony changers to the original head unit, but nothing to do it the other way round. Pioneer isn't compatible anyway. Sell the original changer on ebay, you'll get about £100 for it to help fund a Pioneer MP3 compatible replacement.

Cheers for the advise chaps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
looks like its goin on ebay then... also my Sub doesn't seem to be as crisp as it used to be... does this ring a bell to any of you?? or am i just bein paranoid now....!!!

The original head unit is coded with special Bose EQ settings tuned to the amp & sub, your Pioneer isn't, so you will get a different sound. The Bose sound in the S3/A3 is normally fairly woolly IMO.
If you want really sharp powerful bass you need a proper sub, or one of my stealth subs.