Volks AutosChris Nott
    A4 2.0T Q

Status

Audi Navigaton Plus

Hi folks,

recently got a 2007 a4 with the above double din sat-nav / radio. According to the user manual I should have TV, bluetooth, automatic ball scratcher - the lot!

Can't see that it has TV, (not on the list of sources) can't see anything referring to bluetooth, (just get a "phone not installed" message) and am scratching nads the manual way. Is there a lower spec unit that probably falls under the same user manual?

Also, as the map info on this unit is DVD ROM, I'm presuming there's no way to update it with speed camera information, or even the details of mobile cameras which are released weekly? If this is the case I'd more likely care to swap it out. Has anyone ever found a nice aftermarket double din which will do all the functions and integrate with the dash display and wheel controls? I had a nightmare with an older a4, with an aftermarket unit playing funnnies with the bose amplifiers in the speakers - are the newer bose systems still prone being picky about line deadening?

What a rant eh?

Cheer folks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Pii
    4th Gear

Status
    The RNSE does not come standard with TV and BT. These are additional devices that can be linked with it.

No speed camera too on the Audi Sat Nav and no input possibility that I know of.

After market DD do not look OEM or work with the DIS but you can buy some steering wheel adapters that will work to a degree.

Sadly the BOSE issue is ongoing so I have been recommended that changing an afrermarket unit would require chaging speakers also.

Good luck!

Reverse Gear

Status
    For speed cameras go here www.navpoint.co.uk
    2014 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0TDI (184) S-Line Quattro | Panther Black | Nappa Leather | Black Styling | Roof Rails | Comfort Pack | Tech Pack + Audi Connect | B&O Sound | Parking System Rear | Cruise Control | Interior Light Pack | LED Headlights | High Beam Assist | Door Mirrors Elec/Fold/Heat | Privacy Glass

A4 2.0T Q

Status
    great stuff, thanks lads

A4 2.0T Q

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pii View Post
    The RNSE does not come standard with TV and BT. These are additional devices that can be linked with it.

No speed camera too on the Audi Sat Nav and no input possibility that I know of.

After market DD do not look OEM or work with the DIS but you can buy some steering wheel adapters that will work to a degree.

Sadly the BOSE issue is ongoing so I have been recommended that changing an afrermarket unit would require chaging speakers also.

Good luck!
    My old A4 had bose system and I put together a couple of little adaptors with capacitors in-line as advised on some website somewhere...

Anywhoo, they worked a treat and I happily ran a Kenwood BT / ipod unit for a year or so. The adaptors weren't the prettiest of things but served their purpose. Hopefully that would save me changing out the speakers?

I've seen the pioneer navgates and they look like pretty slick once fitted with the right fascia adaptor to be honest...

6th Gear

Status
    The navPOInt software has just been launched.

navPOInt - custom POIs for your Audi SatNav

BahnStormer

Status
    anybody tried that yet?

I've had a Snooper S6 (Snooper EVO) for years and years but the speaker just went pop last winter so now it sounds like a Dalek.... so I've just ordered the Snooper Lynx which does the same thing, plugs into the same 12V hardwiring kit, etc... and does constant updates without needing a PC, including active mobile sites IF somebody else has spotted one... it DOES however need a Ł8pcm mobile contract
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

6th Gear

Status
    Yes I have it working. I like it as it's OEM with no wires and beeping things stuck on the dash. I drive with the RNSe set to 400m resolution and glance down occasionally to see if there are any cameras in my vicinity. Works well for me.

BahnStormer

Status
    Ah - I've seen it now: no notification and only visible on the main screen, not the DIS.

I'll stick to the dashboard one: no visible wires when fitted properly and only really beeps if you are exceed the speed limit.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

Neutral

Status
    I've got the same system with TV and phone in my A4, does anyone know how to get them working?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andyherd View Post
    I've got the same system with TV and phone in my A4, does anyone know how to get them working?
    What do you want to get working?

6th Gear

Status
    Have a look on here KUFATEC GmbH & Co. KG - A4 - B7/8E

Kufatec are expensive compared to some ebay adaptors.... but they work first time every time, and the cabling etc is usually OEM spec.
    MY15 8V S3 Sportback with options

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS3 View Post
    What do you want to get working?
    The TV and phone functions on my system, I'm guessing both nedd activation some how

Quote Originally Posted by auroan View Post
    Have a look on here KUFATEC GmbH & Co. KG - A4 - B7/8E

Kufatec are expensive compared to some ebay adaptors.... but they work first time every time, and the cabling etc is usually OEM spec.
    Thanks