EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Frank and Beans...............

Status

Unhappy HELP !! OEM Bluetooth into my RNS-E and Phonebook wont read from phone !!

I've managed to connect up my Nokia N86 and it reads all the contacts and puts it into the phonebook, although it puts it" Surname First" which i'm not best pleased with......... maybe thats just my OCD kicking in.

Its my Mrs phone thats the issue here. She has a Samsung Tocco Ultra, thing is, when it tries to read her contacts, all the entries come up like this;

Anybody got an idea why it says this ???
    Mk5 Golf R32
    Gruppe M Carbon Cold Ait induction Kit, Full Stainless Non Resonated Supersprint Exhaust,
    TVS Stage 1 Tuning, Recaro Wing Back Reats, Alpine IVA-W505R Double DIN All in One Multimedia Station with Bluetooth

Rosstech HEX-USB+CAN Owner with VCDS 10.6 (Happy to help anybody out in the North West)

2. # ADS
    ADS

BahnStormer

Status
    some phones use a different stanrd, on mine: iphone / nokia = perfect..... HTC = no names at all...
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

Frank and Beans...............

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lostbok View Post
    some phones use a different stanrd, on mine: iphone / nokia = perfect..... HTC = no names at all...
    Balls !! Really ?????

Thats not very good is it ? I read the manual last night, it said to enable the Remote SIM so that Bluetooth Devices Such as Handfree Kits like Parrots can access the phonebook once authorised.

I've checked on the Parrot Website and the Tocco Ultra (S8300) is apparently compatible. The RNS-E must use the same language / protocols to read the phonebook as the parrot does ? There must be a firmware upgrade that can be done to get this working, I can't be arsed entering in over 200 contacts into the RNS-E Directory That wheel on the front of the RNS-E aint the easiest thing to use.

Perhaps somebody could write something like what Nokia PC Suite does and has them editable via bluetooth on a Laptop ???

Last edited by sc00byd00byd00; 12th May 2010 at 12:48.
    Mk5 Golf R32
    Gruppe M Carbon Cold Ait induction Kit, Full Stainless Non Resonated Supersprint Exhaust,
    TVS Stage 1 Tuning, Recaro Wing Back Reats, Alpine IVA-W505R Double DIN All in One Multimedia Station with Bluetooth

Rosstech HEX-USB+CAN Owner with VCDS 10.6 (Happy to help anybody out in the North West)