A4 Avant S-Line speaker upgrade?

Andy H

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2008 A4 Avant with RNS-E but not Bose option and so far I am not impressed with the sound quality. I'm not after much really so no kicking base to make your ears bleed but just something that sounds nice.

Would be nice if there was a A4 upgrade package to buy and have fitted from somewhere but I doubt it would be that easy. From a little bit of reading I have found the Focal Access 130A1 recommended as fitting the standard door panels, any other suggestions? What about the Sub, if it can be called that, is there a good replacement for this? Amp also, is there something that will replace the standard Audi one and work with the RNS-E system?

Basically can anyone recommend a one stop replacement that isn't going to cost the earth but just sound a whole lot better? Also somewhere to go to purchase and have fitted?

Many thanks,
Andy

Popped into my local Road Radio shop today for a chat and was pleasantly surprised to find they are dealers for Focal Audio. They recommended a set of 130A1's for the front doors and see if I am happy with just that upgrade. Next step would be a new amp and some focal two ways for the rear doors and then if I wanted to I could go for a Focal sub that fits under the seat rather than in the boot.

Sounds like a good step by step process so I can try each stage without spending too much in one go.

Anyone used the Focal Access 130A1's in an A4 Avant? Anyone know if the Focal Sub will fit under a seat rather than the boot?

Anyone able to offer any advice here? Focal's a good choice? Should I replace just the fronts at first? Suitable amp and sub to fit an A4 Avant without using boot space?

Did you go with the Focals? If so, how they sounding? Am currently listening on the standard Bose speakers and have all the kit ready to be fitted apart from the front speakers.

Did you go with the Focals? If so, how they sounding? Am currently listening on the standard Bose speakers and have all the kit ready to be fitted apart from the front speakers.

Not yet, still recovering from the deposit and first payment on the car :laugh: Will get around to it shortly though as I am still finding the standard setup is killing the music :mad: