Sportback front door speaker adaptors? Calling Andy Mac ;)

cooltempo

Heavy DERV clatter
Reaction score
Website
www.movolans.com
Does anyone know where I can get some speaker adaptors so I can fit new components in my 55 plate Sportback?

Andy... I know you make them for the 8L but have you ever made any up for the 8P, if you have I'll certainly purchase some from you. Also whats the ideal speaker to use for the job? anyone done this with success?

Mo

sorry for the bump! no one know where i can get these? ive searched high and low.... Andy you about mate? ;) any help on this would be hugely appreciated.

I've made them in the past but don't have the templates as you just use the original speaker to cut the shape. They are really easy, two 18mm MDF rings screwed together with the bottom one cut to match the shape of the base of the original speaker so it can use the original screw holes to attach to the doorskin:
A38Preplacementfront.jpg

I've made them in the past but don't have the templates as you just use the original speaker to cut the shape. They are really easy, two 18mm MDF rings screwed together with the bottom one cut to match the shape of the base of the original speaker so it can use the original screw holes to attach to the doorskin:
A38Preplacementfront.jpg

Hmm that looks very much like one of my pictures, I just bought a 4 MDF rings on Ebay, then used wood glue and screws to make a 36mm thick mounting ring. These are then screwed on from behind using the holes in the door from the original OEM speakers.

I have since painted them and used a moisture guard to protect the speakers as there is a fair bit of moisture that gets past the Window seals.

Paul

Yes sorry Paul, just borrowed not stolen!
When you remove the doorcards on the 8P are there any pop fasteners that need to be replaced or is it all metal spring clips?

Sorry guys don't check out this section that often.

Andy if you are careful the door clips are all fully re-usable - I've not had to replace any of mine yet.

Cooltempo - they are Focal 6W2 mids from the original Focal Utopia Set.

I've got to redo all of that on the door as it now has a new one as I've just had it replaced under warranty by Audi due to rust.

Paul