Symphony II SAFE Mode wont go

davidisurf

Reaction score
Hello!
I swapped my Concert I to Symphony II, I got this Symphony from a car that has CAN BUS but my car doesn't so the radio goes off after 1 hour automatically
My question is:
How I'll be able to get out of SAFE if I have to wait one hour to input the code?
At first time I placed the Symphony I turned it on and tryed pressing RDS and P SCAN simultaneously but no results
Regards

You have 2 issues here:
1. You need the code to unlock the HU from SAFE mode
2. You have a CANBUS HU in a non CANBUS car

The 2 issues are totally unrelated, even if you had a CANBUS car you'd still need the unlocking code to get it out of SAFE mode as you are putting it in a different vehicle
1. You have to hold the two keys detailed in the manual in order to enter the code. Hold them in until "1000" appears on the HU. If this still doesn't work then try it with the engine running. The 2 keys will be different to the ones on the Concert.
2. You'll need a CANBUS emulator to overcome the 60minute restriction.
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/8074.html

Last edited:
You have 2 issues here:
1. You need the code to unlock the HU from SAFE mode
2. You have a CANBUS HU in a non CANBUS car

The 2 issues are totally unrelated, even if you had a CANBUS car you'd still need the unlocking code to get it out of SAFE mode as you are putting it in a different vehicle
1. You have to hold the two keys detailed in the manual in order to enter the code. Hold them in until "1000" appears on the HU. If this still doesn't work then try it with the engine running. The 2 keys will be different from the ones on the Concert.
2. You'll need a CANBUS emulator to overcome the 60minute restriction.
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/8074.html

I know the keys are different also I've the code, the real problem is I have to wait 1 hour to press the mentioned buttons what I gonna do if the radio shut down after 1 hour?
Any idea?

You shouldn't have to wait an hour to enter the code, that's only if you enter the wrong code. Remember you enter the cose using the 1-4 keys only i.e. if the code is 2222 then press the 1 key twice, then the 2 key twice , then 3 key twice etc. Don't press the 2 key 4 times!
If the one hour thing is really an issue then as said you need to buy a CANBUS emulator