Irremovable Audi Concert Head Unit from 2000 A3!

Turbo Lag

Reaction score
So I have the Audi Concert Head Unit, with the tape player and 6 CD changer in the boot.

I've got radio keys for this, as I've previously removed the radio to replace the hazard relay switch (which is incidentally giving me problems again)

I simply cannot get the radio out, every previous attempt took 30 seconds to remove it if that but at the moment neither of the following are working: the correct radio keys, hacksaw blades, feeler blades!

I can't really drive the car anywhere because my indicators are completely non-existent so I'm completely stuck.

Since my head-unit has the volume problem, I thought I could solve both my issues by buying a new head-unit (and getting it fitted) - so I went down to Halfrauds, picked one out but now I need to find out whether my system is half or fully amplified - any ideas?

This is really doing my head in, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Depends if you have Bose or not. All non Bose systems are half amped, all Bose systems are fully amped. If you don't know then just look at the tupperware sub in the cubbyhole in the boot. If it has a single 6" speaker then it's non Bose half amped, if it has 2 x 4" drivers then it's Bose fully amped.
To get the HU out remove the glovebox first and push from behind. If you've been pulling on the removal keys then you'll have knackered the retaining clips, so you'll just have to force it out now, no other way round it.

Andy,

Thank you very much for your help - managed to get the radio out today and discovered I have a single unit in the cubby hole so I can now order my new head unit!

You have no idea how much this was doing my head in - you're a legend