Badger5EM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Retrofit Concert to Symphony II A3 8L! Help!

Help on how can I retrofit Concert I to Symphony II in my A3 8L
    I bought the central console with symphony II and the lower A|C unit
    I didn't find anything specific so I'm asking if anyone has done this job or knows how to do it
    Actually I have changed the console but got stuck with symphony wires installation, I heard the lights doesn't stay on, have to change something about the antena plug(fakra or something like that)
    By the way, soory about my english!!
    Best Regards
    Davidisurf

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Depends on what year of Symphony II. One from an 8L A3 should be plug & play.If it's a later model (05+) then there will be wiring issues. Your 8L is ISO, 05+ Audi's are quadlock/fakra. Also from 2000 the HU is controlled by CANBUS, previous models use a standard ignition on 12v feed, so you may find the unit will switch off after an hour, so you'll need a CAN BUS emulator if your car is pre 2000.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post
    Depends on what year of Symphony II. One from an 8L A3 should be plug & play.If it's a later model (05+) then there will be wiring issues. Your 8L is ISO, 05+ Audi's are quadlock/fakra. Also from 2000 the HU is controlled by CANBUS, previous models use a standard ignition on 12v feed, so you may find the unit will switch off after an hour, so you'll need a CAN BUS emulator if your car is pre 2000.
    My car is 2001 but is not CAN BUS yet and the radio is from a 2003 car that has CAN BUS there is some way to radio don't switch off after 1 hour? Except the CAN BUS emulator? I can't find here in Brazil and also is a little bit expensive
    By the way could you check my other therads below
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...on-Symphony-II
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...E-Mode-wont-go
    Thanks!