Aftermarket CD changer

T3RBO

6th Gear
Reaction score
Website
www.tt-forum.co.uk
Apparently my CD changer is faulty and Audi want £120 for a recon + fitting etc etc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Is there a different make that is a straight fit (Pioneer/Panasonic etc) or do all aftermarket ones need adapters and the like to fit the boot?

Yeah they all need an adapter of some sort unless you get the Audi one. Even Panasonic (DP9060/61) which is the same box, has a different cable, so £120 is a good deal from Audi (wow, never thought I'd say that).

Same pins so will fit but TT changer slightly small so will need to adapt bracket

Q: If changer is coming out of a TT will it have casing or just be the metal thus look [censored] in boot of S3?

It's hidden in the cubbyhole so doesn't really matter, but if you remove the casing there is nothing underneath so doubt very much that it doesn't have a case.

I haven't got a clue! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I have one of these systems...
And, yes its easy (the adapter just plugs in series into the back of the unit,then you run the changer from wherever). The changer fits in the glovebox of an A4 with a bit of modding of the back

Have decided just to get a audi changer, off someone on the forum for 80 squid, will do me.

Cheers

Derek /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Derek Ross said:
Yeah received and fitted ideal for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheers

Derek /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I took the car back, good deal for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif