Chris NottVolks Autos
    S3X

Status

Question Please help, advice required.

Whilst charging my car battery I tried to start my car, (The head unit was left on the last time I turned car off) I heard a loud pop from the back of the car which I first thought was unburnt fuel in exhaust.

When the car started the stereo fired straight up and once I re-set all the stereo settings the stereo seemed a lot quieter than before, also when the volume is low I can hear feedback which follows the engine revs which iv never heard before. Im no expert on ICE but do you think my BOSE amp has blown?
    52 plate S3 / Ming Blue / 60K / Celtic Tuning Re-Map, Allegedly 278 Bhp-256 lb/ft (not proven/no chance)

2. # ADS
    ADS

Speed Freak

Status
    no expert myself but i would say that you've not blown the amp (assuming its after market) you'd have an inline fuse from the batt that would go 1st but you said your still getting sound.

S3X

Status
    Its the standard BOSE amp that comes with the BOSE speakers, not aftermarket... The stereo is still working just it is deffo quieter than before (less base and volume) I removed the amp but it doesent have a fuse.
    52 plate S3 / Ming Blue / 60K / Celtic Tuning Re-Map, Allegedly 278 Bhp-256 lb/ft (not proven/no chance)

Speed Freak

Status
    ?? you removed the amp?? explain... i'm not to clued up on std one's but if sim to a/market maybe cables are wired wrong etc...

S3X

Status
    I removed the amp from the boot of the car, it does not have any fuses on the amp, I opened the amp up and no fuses inside either, nothing inside looks burnt out so I guess there is a fuse somewhere else that could have blown?? its all standard wireing so thats not the issue.

Status
    The Bose system has 2 amps, one for the cabin speakers a nd another inside the tupperware sub. Is the sub still working?
    Do you have the stock HU? Are all the speakers working? If you use the fader and balance to isolate each speaker are they all quiet?
    If it was a fuse then nothing would work
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner