Dension 100 and Symphony (2008 S3)

AjM

Living in Blissful Ignorance
Reaction score
I have both the above and the track info is not displayed on the radio but is in DIS. Anyone help, Densions website some radios need to have it enabled but the link they provide is dead.
Thanks
Ant

From my investigations into the Dension Gateways, that's what you're supposed to have. Don't think the radio displays are capable of putting up the track info.

You may be right, from what i can work out IPOD's etc use ID3 tagging where as Radio uses RDS which is why it says the station names. HOWEVER if i place cd's in the cd changer it says the track names and this uses ID3 tagging and also it displays correctly in the DIS which again uses ID3 tagging.
So i suppose i am saying i am not convinced unless someone can tell me why it works in the DIS and not the stereo and why it works for CD's..... AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

The Dension connects on the external CD changer and the spec of this has not changed since around the year 2000. It is not text capable.

Your internal CD player is text capable and it will also play MP3's.

It works in the DIS because DENSION intercept the CAN bus messages of TRACK 1, TRACK 2 etc that the radio puts out to the DIS and injects it's own messages onto the CAN bus and into the DIS. So the DENSION is able to display information in the DIS while the radio is saying TRACK 1, TRACK 2 etc. It is impossible for DENSION to modify the information displayed in the radio.

I have emailed, Dension, again....

Ok thanks for that what you said makes sense. The only thing is the standard IPOD dock that Audi provide uses the same cd changer port but displays all the track info in both the radio and the DIS....

Email from Dension saying it does not work and that you were right but they can't explain why the Audi one does. They also can't explain why there fully compatible product is not fully compatible. I have suggested they come up with a good answer to that, soon.

The Audi genuine Ipod adaptor for the RNS-E 2004-2009 does NOT show any information in the DIS or NAV except TRACK1, etc

The Audi genuine Ipod adaptor for the Concert/Chrous/Symphony 2001-2010 does NOT show any information in the DIS or NAV except TRACK1, etc

The 2010 AMI and RNS-E togther will show full information in the DIS and NAV

So whoever told you it does is an idiot.

Thanks, that is what dension said as well.