Parrot MK6100 only playing through front speakers

MikeSel^

Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mikesel.info
Hello All

I am running a Parrot MK6100 car kit in my 55 plate 8P A3 Sportback.

I love the product, but currently it only plays through the dash mounted speakers. I am sure it's something to do with the wiring, but I am lost when it's not inside a PC!!

The stereo simply says Concert on it, it's a CD player not tape. But I am not sure which generation it is.

I would love to get the other speakers hooked up if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Mike

*Prepared to be flamed for inability to find anything of relevance using search :sadlike:

Hello All

I am running a Parrot MK6100 car kit in my 55 plate 8P A3 Sportback.

I love the product, but currently it only plays through the dash mounted speakers. I am sure it's something to do with the wiring, but I am lost when it's not inside a PC!!

The stereo simply says Concert on it, it's a CD player not tape. But I am not sure which generation it is.

I would love to get the other speakers hooked up if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Mike

*Prepared to be flamed for inability to find anything of relevance using search :sadlike:

i had my A4 done with a PARROT MKi9100 kit. i was told by the fitter (got it from carphone warehouse) that because the wires for the rear speakers ran from the Sub woofer in the boot, the speakers couldnt be connected to the parrot to have all the speakers used in the car.

it probably can be done but not sure how.

also, i have an ipod kit, so not too bothered if only my 2 front speakers are used for the telephone as im not playing music through it.

i would take it down to an auto electrician and get him to see if it can be done.

is it not playing through the front door speakers? or do you mean its just playing through the 2 speakers next to the air vents?

Last edited:
Ok. That makes sense, I've never seen the sub in my boot but apparently I have one!

I shall try and find a said professional.

Thanks for the info!

Mike

Sorry missed the last questions.

It's just the vent speakers I think.

I was thinking of getting an iPod kit, I've got an iPhone 3G S. Just testing the water currently as there's so many to choose from.

Thanks. There is a need if you want to stream audio via Bluetooth.

I guess the Denison is the best method.

Ok. That makes sense, I've never seen the sub in my boot but apparently I have one!

I shall try and find a said professional.

Thanks for the info!

Mike

in my a4 its on the back right behind a panel. not sure if its the same in the A3 though.

good luck, hope you get something sorted. but bear in mind you might have to feed some cables from the sub to the radio to get it to work. and i meant the amp is in the boot, which the speakers connect to, not the sub.

You need to use an adapter to feed the audio from the parrot into the CD input on the HU, then the HU will control the sound. Can't imagine how bad it must sound trying to play music from such a puny device directly to the speakers.