WHY?

TURBOTRONICS

Reaction score
I would have thought that an RNS-E would have played DVD’s but when iv tried to play a dvd film on it it just says unknown files
Im sure when I was looking for my car that some of the adverts showed the sat nav screen playing a film
And why wont it play mp3 dvds
The cheep and nasty one I fitted to my Scooby played every thing I put in it

This is Audi we are talking about...

The laser in the unit was not designed to read anything other than CDs and the Navigation disks!

Yes it’s Audi it’s in my b6 s4
After waiting so long to get an s4 I must admit Im a little disappointed in the RNS-E sat nav I did think it would have done more
It won’t play DVDs of any sort
Is has a 400 song limit per drive
No input for additional inputs like a DVD drive all though the slot behind the screen dose say DVD drive on it why when its not
The cd changer in the glove box only holds 6 cds only 4 of them work
Just generally not overwhelmed with it
I would have been better getting just a standard head unit and fitting a screen my self like in my Scooby
The little one could have watched films whilst on a journey
Sat nav would have been easier to use
Dvd mp3 with no limit to song tracks
The list goes on

Im not asking if it is Audi...

Im saying why would Audi give you that nice lil feature when they make you pay nerli 100 bucks for interior lights. lol.

There are ways around it tho!!

Get yourself an AV input/Tv in motion unit for your RNS-E from Kufatec. Then buy yourself an 12v DVD player to plug in. Bosh... Your RNS will now play DVDs. You could also treat yourself to an Alpine KCE-425i. This will give you full ipod function and allows you to watch your ipod videos on there as well!!