Currently in the process of deciding the optional extras for a new Audi A3 Black Edition (2.0 TDi 143 PS stop/start).

Car comes with a Bose speaker/amp upgrade as standard. It also has a Concert radio, Driver Information System and AUX in port near the handbrake (quite why this isn't in a out of site area - glove box / centre storage etc I don't know).

Having used an Aux in my Saab for the last 3 years, am keen to have a more integrated / controllable iPod connection.

The information on the official Audi iPod and USB option in the glovebox is dissappointing (in essence turning 5 play lists in to CD Changer CDs and no information from the iPod) and to be honest not worth the Ł180 cost.

AMI sounds better, but has the unfortunate requirement of needing Ł1k+ of DVD Sat-Nav - too much for me.

Reading round the Dension Gateway 100 series might be the solution, with a cable installed in the glove box. However I am interested to see some images / videos of how the iPod information is displayed on the stereo / DIS.

Anyone got any? Also any advice on the system in gneral.

Will be using a latest gen 64gb iPod touch.