Crackerling BOSE Speaker

Pinola

Reaction score
I got my car last July (Audi S3 2001 with BOSE) and then after about a week I noticed the front passenger speaker was not working.

I took the door card off to find there was not a speaker there! After months of looking on ebay and asking here for a front boase speaker I finaly got a pair from ebay.

So I fitted one and all seemed good for about 1 - 2 months now at low volume you can here the speaker crackerling/vibrating

You cant here it so much on music or if the sound it turned up quite high but you can here it more when people are talking on the radio with music in the backround

Like on Radio 1 news becuase they backing music is quite bassy it sounds bad then

Do you think it's my speaker or possibley the bose amp I here they can cause a few problems

Thanks

Dan

Most likely the amp as they are prone to the solder joints drying out, the speakers usually just work or sound dreadful all the time not just occasionally. Only way to tell definitively is to swap the front speakers over.

cool any ideas were I could get my hands on a 2nd hand bose amp or is there anyway to bypass it and use another amp thats better

Ebay is your best bet, you can't replace just the amp with an aftermarket one as it has built in EQ that is designed for the wierd Bose speakers and the flattened EQ from the HU. If you go aftermarket with the amp you need to change the speakers as well and also snip the Bose wire on the HU to give it back a proper smiley face EQ.