New car, and i know nothing about its stereo.

AjM

Living in Blissful Ignorance
Reaction score
I am currently selling my 2001 S3 and i have bought a 2008 S3 and it is my first really modern Audi. Can someone please tell me what stereo i have and how i can make my IPOD work with it.
I have a double DIN unit, steering wheel controls an AUX in port and all the info ref stereo etc come up on the DIS.

What i would like to do is have my IPOD controlled through the stereo and charged like i did with my old S3 (i used a Parrot MKI9200) but since i have built in bluetooth would like to keep it all OEM.

Thanks
Ant

It usually says what it is on the stereo. FM/MW/LW radios with the following

Chorus II+ Single CD with MP3 playback, front speakers only
Concert II+ Single CD with Mp3 playback, rear amped or fully amped sound system
Symphony II+ 6 CD changer in dash with Mp3 playback, rear amped for fully amped sound system
Navigation Plus - DVD navigation, 2x SD card slots for MP3, rear amped or fully amped sound system

All of them can have the OEM or 3rd party Ipod interfaces, I would personally recommend the Dension gateway 100 CAN unit as it displays Ipod information is the DIS for easy browsing whereas the Audi OEM one does not.

Sorry i should have said i have the double din with the 6 CD. Where can i get the gateway from and does it come with the lead? How do I know if it is the CAN one and what is the difference?

There are plenty of suppliers on the tinternet, I myself am a registered Dension supplier, but I tend to do supply and fit only.

The dension comes in 2 parts, the gateway 100 and the dock cable or cradle, so you have a choice.

If you are buying online, make sure it does say CAN version as a lot of people are flogging off the old stock non CAN versions.

Hi, i have bought and got the Gateway 100 but it is not working. I have phoned the place i got it from but they are only open mon-fri. Basicaly, the IPOD says conected to the Gateway on it and it is on pause. You can't push any buttons on the IPOD they don't work but when you do you get the click noise like you would normaly through the speakers. On the HU it is saying CD11 track 99 and it is playing but as i said the IPOD is on pause and there is nothin coming from the speakers.
HELP!!!!!
Thanks,:crying:

Read your operating instructions, it is in AUX mode and you need to switch it to Gateway mode.

Did you get the CAN version? it sounds to me like you didn't as the DIS would also say AUX if it was a CAN version.

It says VW-CAN on it and i ordered a CAN (though i did for an 08 S3 i guess the VW one does all). DIS also says CD11 Track 99. Sorry switch to gateway mode?

I have read both the installation instructions and usage instructions, but they are useless as i can't get it to work. There is also only one page on each. This sort of product really winds me up, i hard wired my VW Touran myself as i did not want to pay £150 for a can module. It took me an hour and a half and cost £12. I even got the stereo to dim when the auto lights came on. It seems to me when you buy a product that is "Plug and Play" it rarely is....

Now it has completely screwed my Ipod up as well and i have had to restore it. I think i will send it back and do it myself.

PS that was not a rant at you at all, just a rant, thanks for your help.

Oddly it has now started to work, though it is not displaying track info on the DIS or HU nor does the track number relate to the song but it is playing the IPOD and i can skip tracks using the steering wheel. I shall be calling the suppliers on Monday.