2001 A3 1.8T CD Changer Location?

A5Gloss

2010 Audi A5 3.0 V6 TDi Quattro
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
im looking to put a standard cd changer into my 2001 a3 but im not sure whether it is meant to go in the boot above the subwoofer or in the glovebox? is there anyway to tell? also i heard on the grapevine that the wiring for the changer is already there its just a case of plug in and go? is this correct?
pictures of what i should be looking for and places to get standard cd changers would be helpful cheers!

Ebay for the changer is your best bet, you need the 13 pin version. The changer fits on top of the subwoofer hanging over it via a metal bracket, but you'd be better off mounting it to the top of the sub on some thick foam sticky pads, to give it some protection from bumps in the road. The cable should be in the cubbyhole, right at the back (towards the front of the car), past the rear seat belt reel (the thing covered in grey foam).
CDchangercablelocation.jpg

had a quick look today still couldn't find it! am just wondering whether there were some that didn't have the wiring already there? cos knowing my luck i would have one of the ones without it! and will it be plugged into anything or will it just be a one sided plug clipped into the clip?