AH FabricationsChris Nott

Thread: Phonebook Setup

1st Gear

Status

Phonebook Setup

Can anyone tell me how to list my contacts on the RNS-e that are BlueToothed from my iPhone alphabetically with first name first not last name, first name..Im sure my old phone transferred them this way..its driving me nuts..
    A4 2.0T FSI S-Line Special Edition, Misano Red / Black Graphite Volterra Leather.
    Retrofitted : Cruise Control, Rear Parking Sensors, RNS-E, Bluetooth, SDS. Ambient Light Mod, Chipped UK Fast Road Remap. (262 BHP), Red Brake Calipers c/w S-Line Decals, Coming Soon... ??

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    So I assume its lists them already via BT, but not in the way you want them to?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah, they all transfer ok, but list as surname first, then first name..which is different from the contacts list in the phone..
    A4 2.0T FSI S-Line Special Edition, Misano Red / Black Graphite Volterra Leather.
    Retrofitted : Cruise Control, Rear Parking Sensors, RNS-E, Bluetooth, SDS. Ambient Light Mod, Chipped UK Fast Road Remap. (262 BHP), Red Brake Calipers c/w S-Line Decals, Coming Soon... ??

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    So the contact settings within your handset dont have any options to show them in a certain format, I know most phones I've had can change how displayed either surname or first name 1st as such & I mean specific to remote contact list options not handset display as you've already said handset is fine, maybe check any BT settings, check any even unrelated contact settings as I atm dont recall any specific contact setup options for the BT unit & rns, however I have to go check mine shortly so I'll have a nosey, but sure its not the car as mine shows 1st/last & I havnt changed anything.

2nd Gear

Status
    You will have to make the changes within the handset and not the RNS-E as there is no option within the head unit to change the way the contacts are imported via BT.
    Q7 S Line 2010
    MMI 3G
    Adaptive Cruise Control
    Superchip Remap
    Blackvue front and rear accident camera

1st Gear

Status
    iPhone is set up in contacts list to show First Name, Last Name, and also Sort Order First Name, Last Name. No other setting in phonebook or bluetooth on phone that I can see. Dont understand why they sync to the RNS-e via BT flawlessly, yet display the other way around..

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I'd try syncing with a desktop contact manager via BT & see if this has the same effect mate as maybe a bug with iphone firmware with BT & app on handset if you get me.

1st Gear

Status
    Any suggestions for a desktop contact manager ? Although saying that not sure if the iPhone allows this via BT anyway..