CD Changer wiring installation - help

• Thread starter imported_bearboy
  • Start date
I

imported_bearboy

Hi,

Maybe a basic question. I have an A4 (1998) and no CD changer lead that I can find. I've also read a few comments on here saying that the pre-installed is not too good anyway.

I'm after advice on how best to install a CD changer lead to the rear. I've played with a few ford's before, however, the interoir of the A4 is in a different league and I do not want to make a mess.

Are the speakers easy to install?

BB

use force... thats all i can say... its put together better than fords..

ford focus - head unit, power cable, 3 rca cables, sub,and 2 amps.. 2 hours setup.

audi a3 - 1 cd changer cable.. 1 hour and 20 minutes! and loads of cuts on the hands! haha!

oh well..

yeah basicly u wont damage anything.. the door seem along the bottom pops up easy.. then under carpet and run straight through to the back.. simple really..

putting speakers in the doors.. well take the screws out.. inc ones within the handles and then pull up and then off.. remenber that the door card is attached to the inner door so electrics work.. unclip this and walla!!! your done..

unscrew std speaker and replace with new one.. but door adaper might be needed to put new speaker in..

You'll definately need speaker adapters as they use a 3 point fixing on the fronts (although a 1" tweeter will fit straight in).
The rears are just a wierd profile, so again adapter rings are needed. caraudiodirect do them, as do other on liners.
You have to pop up the rear deck cover, it's held on with plastic pop fixings, unplug the cyclops brake light, and then slide out. It's easier if you have folding rear seats.