8p sub blown there must be a cheaper option

Aspen

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
A friend of mine has asked me to sort his blown sub out.

A3 8P - BOSE.

i cant find a second hand one on ebay, and TBH they look rather expensive.

Is there an after market, strait swap sub I can put in. Obviously the Bose system has a crap amp so the sub would need to be a low powered one.

Any idea's? anyone done this? he doesn't want me doing any real custom install stuff. Or installing another amp either.

Cheers guys.

A

Not just a crap amp, but more importantly a crap speaker and terrible enclosure!
Contact "Fast,not Furious" on here as I just removed his tupperware Bose sub from his beautifully stunning S3 this morning and upgraded it for one of my stealth subs.
You won't find a replacement speaker suitable other than the original Bose unit. It is only 6 inch and needs to be dual voice coil (2ohm per VC) in order to "work" with the Bose amp. The main limitation is the plastic enclosure Audi have made Bose use, it really is cheap and tacky and results in the hollow bass you get from the system. The only real alternative is to upgrade both the enclosure and the amp as per my stealth solution, which dramatically transforms the bass and also the overall sound:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=78141