Question for those who have replaced front a3 8l speakers with aftermarket ones

moochinazz

Reaction score
hi all, i would like to know how the quality of audio changed after replacing genuine speaker with aftermarket 13cm ones. What components did you replace with. maybe some of you have recommendations. Sorry for my english :) as i'm not english

Last edited:
I have already placed 12" sub in the boot, but i want more sound in the front :) and installed pioneer p77mp headunit.

to make thing more clear: at this time i have already installed HU pioneer p77mp, and pioneer 12" sub, and i'm going to install 13cm components in the front (sth like focal kit 130v1) and connect them to some good 2x100 rms amp, would the quality of sound change and would this be worth the spent money? an one more quoestion, is there any way i can fit in speakers than have 61mm mounting depth. reason i am asking is that i had unscrewed the door panel an added some 2cm thickness round metal thing on top of the bose speaker to simulate a speaker that has bigger mounting depth and it fitted perfectly, the door panel stood back in it's place well and the window was functioning ok.

Last edited:
The sound will still be severely compromised by the door card mounting and the fact the door card is loosely clipped to the door. It will be an improvement, but not huge.
The 50mm depth restriction still applies, as this is also taking into acount the adapter ring you will need between the door card and the speaker. The stock speakers sit flush to the door card, a 5.25" unit will need either a flimsy plastic adapter or a proper MDF adapter which adds about 12mm to the available depth.

The sound will still be severely compromised by the door card mounting and the fact the door card is loosely clipped to the door. It will be an improvement, but not huge.
The 50mm depth restriction still applies, as this is also taking into acount the adapter ring you will need between the door card and the speaker. The stock speakers sit flush to the door card, a 5.25" unit will need either a flimsy plastic adapter or a proper MDF adapter which adds about 12mm to the available depth.
So how was i able to add those extra 2 cm to the speaker, total mounting depth was 80mm and the door panel was ok on it's place??

Last edited:
Total mounting depth 80mm? How on earth do you work that out. The Bose speaker is not 60mm deep, nowhere near. Knock yourself out fit something deeper, I'm just telling you what the limitations are, I really don't want to argue about it.