Video to RNS-E

stevehall

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi All!

I have retro installed an RNS-e into my A4 and now i would like to be able to play videos on the head unit off an ipod or similar with composite connections...

What multi-media input devices do people use? (I don’t have the TV tuner installed)

Steve

there's £90 AV line-in kits on eBay and then £3 for an iPod video cable, but I'm holding out for an Ampire DVB-200 which does Freeview AND has 2 x AV lines in for a carputer / iPod line-in.... £300 + fitting though....

Well i have been thinking of getting one of these for months, and now, i some how knocked my mouse and bought one... Lets hope it works well.. I plan to connect ipod to it, so i can watch films off it and also play the music.

Well its done!!!

I got myself one of these -> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330358818257&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Took me about 15 min to get it installed and checked it was working fine, then about a hour after that to route cables as i wanted to.

I also got myself a video lead for ipod, so now i can watch films off ipod or listen to music.

The best thing is, that if i select TV input, then drive off it says TV is blocked while moving, but the sound still works i can then select NAV and use sat nav with the music off ipod.

Total cost was about £125

did you need to code it to make the mutimedia work? also what wires did you need to connect up