PC9-404 - Help an idiot please!

kohoutec

Reaction score
I have an 8L A3 (non Bose). The original Concert HU has died, and I have an old Kenwood with RCAs that came out of my last car I'm going to temporarily replace it with until I can afford something better.

I've bought a PC9-404, and am currently waiting on a replacement 16 pin to ISO to go into the Kenwood as I can't find the original one (so can't actually do anything until that turns up).

Regarding the plug connections in the car, presumably I won't be using the yellow/green/blue plugs at all? (As I can't see anywhere for them to go in the adapter).

Am I likely to need to cut/move any wires? I've had a look at some of the other similar threads, but being a complete luddite when it comes to this sort of thing I'm still not clear what I'll need to do, is it literally plug and play?

Answers with no more than 2 syllables appreciated ;-)

The yellow/green/blue plug is the feed to the rear/sub amp (yellow) DIS feed (green) and CD changer (blue). This plugs into the red part of the PC9-404. You don't need the green or blue but you do need the yellow and also connect the blue flying lead on the adapter to the power antenna or remote on lead on the Kenwood otherwise the rear/sub will not work. You will also need to fade to rear quite a bit to balance the puny Audi amp with the Kenwood amp powering the front speakers.

The yellow/green/blue plug is the feed to the rear/sub amp (yellow) DIS feed (green) and CD changer (blue). This plugs into the red part of the PC9-404. You don't need the green or blue but you do need the yellow and also connect the blue flying lead on the adapter to the power antenna or remote on lead on the Kenwood otherwise the rear/sub will not work. You will also need to fade to rear quite a bit to balance the puny Audi amp with the Kenwood amp powering the front speakers.

Thanks Andy, much appreciated. So the yellow plug is the only one that needs to go into the red socket on the PC9-404, then the remaining 2 (brown and black from memory) plug into the other part of the PC9-404 (Front speakers and power presumably?)

Told you I was a luddite :-D

Yes that's right, brown is front speakers and black is power. Just plug the whole multicoloured plug into the red plug, the green & blue don't go anywhere anyway.

Yes that's right, brown is front speakers and black is power. Just plug the whole multicoloured plug into the red plug, the green & blue don't go anywhere anyway.

Brilliant, thanks again