Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

Phatbox to Concert connectors

I'm thinking of buying a phatbox to supplement the single cd (boring) concert player in my 06 sportback. (Ł127 from Audi Stoke)
    I've had a look at the connections behind the head unit.
    I know I'll need an adapter cable from the phatbox unit to the head unit. I've seen a few with a round din connector at one end, and a blue block connector at the other.
    Will the adapter just replace one of the connectors in the head unit, or do I have to mess with wiring etc ?
    I don't want to mess any wiring or anything up so any instructions would be appreciated.
    There is no multi changer in boot.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    You will need to run an old style round din cd changer lead from the head unit to the boot . If you have concert 1 or 2 you will need the older type ISO connector, or simply populate the plug at the back of your radio with the pins on the lead (comes with instrutions). About Ł17 from the dealer - The square blue plug is for newer concert 3 and RNS-E systems called mini ISO.
    Porsche 997 Carrera 4 S - Black, Sport Chrono, Sport seats, PCM, Nav, Tel, Park assist and rear wiper (Yes!, its an option!)
    2012 Audi Q7 Sline Plus - Daytona Grey ,Nav+, Wheel upgrade, Storage and tow pack.

Gone -2007 S5 4.2 ,2008 S3, 2007 TTC 3.2, 2007 RS4 Saloon, 2004 S4 Saloon, 2006 A4 2.0T Sline SE,2002 A3 3.2 Sline, 2001 A4 1.8T,2001 Boxster, 1983 911SC,1992 Corrado G60,1988 GTi.

(Vag com owner)

Neutral

Status
    I've looked at the back of my installed radio and am still stuck
    I've ordered a cable with round connector at one end and a blue connector at the other.
    where do i put the blue connector on here or do i need to remove the wires from the blue iso block and put them into the existing connector block?
    I've taken some pictures of current set up , but don't know how to post them on here
    I'm stuck now and feel a bit silly
    Help !!

1st Gear

Status
    If you have the new 'double din' stereo, you will need the square plug
    Any spelling/ grammatical errors are there purely to annoy!

A4 2.0TDI (143) S-Line Quartz Grey

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisn900 View Post
    I've looked at the back of my installed radio and am still stuck
    I've ordered a cable with round connector at one end and a blue connector at the other.
    where do i put the blue connector on here or do i need to remove the wires from the blue iso block and put them into the existing connector block?
    I've taken some pictures of current set up , but don't know how to post them on here
    I'm stuck now and feel a bit silly
    Help !!
    Hi Chris
    Did you sort it out instructions here
    http://www.phatnoise.com/audi/downlo...0PhatNoise.pdf