Help please!!!!

taylormartin

Reaction score
Recently got an 2002 a4 cab and only the two front dash speakers are working,all the doors are not, i've had the hu out today to check all cables in the back of the hu and everything looks good.

Anyone got any ideas????

Sounds like you have the Bose system if all the cabin speakers aren't working. With Bose they are all powered off the Bose amp in the boot, so I'd start there. Check it's getting a permanent 12v on the thick red wire and is getting the 12v trigger from the HU i.e. turning on/off with the HU. Could be a fuse, bad connection or faulty amp. My money's on a faulty amp.

Sounds like you have the Bose system if all the cabin speakers aren't working. With Bose they are all powered off the Bose amp in the boot, so I'd start there. Check it's getting a permanent 12v on the thick red wire and is getting the 12v trigger from the HU i.e. turning on/off with the HU. Could be a fuse, bad connection or faulty amp. My money's on a faulty amp.

Cheers andy, l'll check it out.

I've checked the boot but can't see an amp any ideas of where in the boot?

Got this from a Google search, "The amplifier is behind the rear passenger trunk panel. You have to pull out the middle plastic piece that goes over the trunk latch, put the trunk luggage spacer up, and pull the panel out. There is a 12v outlet, domelight wire, and pop fastener, then just pull hard to get the 2 clips."

Got this from a Google search, "The amplifier is behind the rear passenger trunk panel. You have to pull out the middle plastic piece that goes over the trunk latch, put the trunk luggage spacer up, and pull the panel out. There is a 12v outlet, domelight wire, and pop fastener, then just pull hard to get the 2 clips."

cheers:beerchug:

Found the amp and it's a blaupunkt amp, It was behind the drivers side rear trunk panel.

I removed the amp opened her up and it is burnt out big time so need a new amp.:motz:

Thinking about it, it would be the drivers side as that info above was probably from the US.
Blaupunkt? Wierd. So I'm guessing it's aftermarket as Audi haven't used Blaupunkt for years, and definately not to power all the cabin speakers, just usually the rears. Does it look like stock wiring? Post a pic if you can I'm intrigued!

Thinking about it, it would be the drivers side as that info above was probably from the US.
Blaupunkt? Wierd. So I'm guessing it's aftermarket as Audi haven't used Blaupunkt for years, and definately not to power all the cabin speakers, just usually the rears. Does it look like stock wiring? Post a pic if you can I'm intrigued!

Looks like stock wiring, I've just got one off fleebay check out the link.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140342279072&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It's out of a tt but its the same part no as mine.