Audi A3 2009 stereo installation help !!!!

pucho

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an Audi A3, 2009. I have the original Audi Concert 3 radio in it, and i put in a Pioneer Navigation. Can somebody tell me wich adapter do i need to activate the original Audi amplifier and how to activate it

I think this is the problem:

Last edited:
Think it's the NXCT51-AU05 on this site but various web sites state there are no adapters for the A3 06 on. No idea what the difference is but this looks like a match.
http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Car_Stereo_fitting_kits/Audi/A3.htm
And you'll need a fascia panel and PC5-137 antenna adaptor
If you want the HU to turn on with the ignition then you'll need CTSAD002 instead.

Think it's the NXCT51-AU05 on this site but various web sites state there are no adapters for the A3 06 on. No idea what the difference is but this looks like a match.
http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Car_Stereo_fitting_kits/Audi/A3.htm
And you'll need a fascia panel and PC5-137 antenna adaptor
If you want the HU to turn on with the ignition then you'll need CTSAD002 instead.

Thank you, for the ignition problem i have solved it. i have connected the red wire from the HU with the fuse for the rear wiper and it works great. It is a 20 min work

does it start on ignition on or accessory on and does it stay on when you switch ignition off?

Cheers........

No it won't you need to use the proper accessory on feed to get it to stay on with the ignition off and turn off when you pull them out. All the other feeds are only live with the ignition fully on.

thanks, do you know which feed is best to use and what color wire it is
cheers.....

There's only one and it's under the steering column. On other Audi's its a red wire which is very very skinny. It's the only one in the big loom coming off the keyswitch which is really thin. You then use this to trigger a relay to feed the HU as it is not a load bearing feed. Maybe different on the new A3 though. I taped a sewing needle to a 12v testing screwdriver and used it to poke any likely red wires until I found the right one. Or you can buy a CANBUS emulator for £50 which will give you a 12v feed from the existing CANBUS.

thanks for your help I really appreciate it. I've currently got a canbus hooked up to control dimming and steering wheel controls but cant find one that works for the acc on. Can you recommend and/or provide a link. oh I've got a 2008 A3. would this canbus simply be an addon for my existing canbus?

cheers.........

yeah I've similar ones to that one. I don't think it will work with acc on only ignition on as it says on the site...... thanks anyway

If you don't need the CANBUS adapter for ignition on then really you only need PC9-417 but both thoses above are identical Connects2 adapters.