S3 8P Bose components

KeepItTidy

Reaction score
I've got Bose with the RNS-E.
Just interested in what speakers/subs/amps are actually in the car.
I think there is an 8'' sub?
I have a really kick *** Rockford 8" HX2 which will probably perform better then the Audi one. Thinking about putting that in my car.

any1 know if it will work?
What is the power of the Bose amp?

thanks
:)

It's not the Bose sub that's the problem in the 8P, it's the flimsy plastic box it occupies that means you can't get decent bass from it. It really is no more than a biscuit tin:
BoseSub.jpg

And it's only a 6" unit. It's driven by the main Bose amp which provides a feeble 100w peak, so about 50wrms, and it seems to be tuned to provide mid & low(ish) frequencies as with just the sub playing you can easily identify the song & hear the singing. This provides quite a hollow woolly result which is why I developed this solution:
AMSS8Pfitted.jpg

This is a custom 18mm MDF enclosure housing a JL Audio 6.5" 250wrms sub. It's then powered by an Alpine V12 amp hidden behind the rear speaker card and this is fed from the existing Bose wiring, so the only additional cable is a 40amp power cable straight to the battery.
There's more info on the web site:
http://www.dizzythedog.com/index.php?f=data_audi_a3_stealth_sub&a=1
The result is quite a phenomenal transformation, clean punchy bass and lots of it enabling you to run the stock HU at minus 2 on the Bass setting which improves the sound from the cabin speakers as well. There's a couple of reviews on the web site.

Hi Andy,

Can you give me details as to where I can buy such an enclosure for my 2007 8P S3. The problem is that I am all the way over in South Africa.

Any assistance/Advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Solo

As far as I know I'm the only one who makes them. Can ship to SA but it would be about £55 P&P as it weighs 4Kg's for just the enclosure. You could source the sub & amp locally.