A3 8P2 (2007 model year) with Bose; Blaupunkt retrofit question

andykn

Reaction score
I have a 2007 model year Audi A3 Sportback (8P2) with the double DIN Concert II+ and Bose and want to fit my Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB 54 stereo (with bluetooth adapter for mobile phone connectivity).

Having researched this extensively, I now think I know what leads I require from Blaupunkt, but have seen on some of the aftermarket lead websites (Autoloeads, Connects2 and Incartec) mention of half and fully amplified with Bose. The Blaupunkt accessories catalogue also suggests that different leads are required in some cases for Bose fitted vehicles but is not very accurate always as it has my A3 down as having ISO connectors and I'm sure they'll be Quadlock/Fakra.

Does the fact I've got Bose make any difference to the leads I'll require?

Even though I've not got the multi funtion steering wheel (MFSW) I was going to get the Blaupunkt RCI-4A-VW (7 697 589 521) CAN-BUS adapter as the Blaupunkt recommended Universal CAN-BUS adapter, RCI-4A-CAN (7 607 500 501), doesn't seem to be sold by anyone in the UK (Caraudio24.de Eur 59.00) and requires another lead (7 607 621 175) anyway (Bluespot £20). I'll just not connect the C1 and C2 remote control connectors as I'll need these for the bluetooth unit.

I did look third party connectors but they all seemed to have tails that needed wiring in somewhere and it was more complicated to wire the active antenna power - it seemed neater, if more expensive, to buy one connector with all the bits on it.

I think this will all work but am not sure about how the Bose affects things, if at all.

Bose requires the fully amped connector. All Bose systems are fully amped, don't know why they talk about half amped as non of the Bose systems are half amped.
Your wiring is definately Quadlock with Fakra antenna.

Yes that's the one for the Blaupunkt.
It uses the old style Audi 20pin mini ISO connector, unfortunatley you have the new Quadlock connector otherwise it would be a straight plug & play and you wouldn't need any adapters.

Supplementary question. having thought I'd sussed all this I now can't find a Fascia adapter that I think will fit.

I've seen notes that imply the Autoleads FP 05-09 Double DIN to Single DIN adapter is only for 8P1 A3s, those with a Symphony II cassette deck and not the later Symphony II+ and Concert II+. That would suggest that the Incartec and Connects2 fascia plates, both advertised as 03 -> are really 03->06 too.

Any ideas if these will fit or where I can get one that will?

Maybe try Audi, they do do them but maybe the demand isn't there yet for the very new models.

FYI My Audi has ISO connectors so the Quadlock/Fakra CAN BUS adapter is now in the classifieds.

Are you sure it's really an 07? Audi changed from ISO to Quadlock in 2006, so an 07 isn't even on the crossover unless very early 07

Are you sure it's really an 07? Audi changed from ISO to Quadlock in 2006, so an 07 isn't even on the crossover unless very early 07

Yes it is a 2007 model year (Nov 06, "56" reg), but I've had another look and am talking rubbish.

It IS a Quadlock connector, what fooled me was that the green and blue connectors came away separately (as it turned out from the frame of the Quadlock) and look like ISO connectors. I didn't bother removing what looked like a black connector, if I had done I've had seen it was part of the Quadlock frame.

The VW CAN BUS adapter I've bought is still no good on its own as it only connects the speaker outputs, not the LINE RR/FR/RL/FL outputs on the green connector. I've now got an Audi CAN BUS adapter on the way but that's got ISO connectors so probably won't work either.

So hopefully I can now find a separate adapter lead for the ISO C1 Line out/amp power connector from my Blaupunkt to the Green and Blue connectors that I can detach from the Quadlock.