AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    4th Gear

Status

Disconnecting the BOSE

hi can someone please help me on this, i heard that if you disconnect the bose wire pin 7 or 3 i think, that the system will give you a better treble and bass,, if thats true can someone tell me which wire it is and also if i disconnect the wire , where does it go?, its for concert ll bose, on audi a3 2004, many thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    On the RNS-E its Pin 7 on the 12 pin multi connector - so would guess it is essentially the same wiring?

removing the pin and the head unit won't realise it has bose system installed and revert to normal audio settings. People claims you get more bass but never tried it myself.

Pinouts...

http://audiforum.us/knowledge-base/5...-e-pinout.html

http://elsegra.com/Car%20pinouts/Audi.htm

Cheers
    -Steve

2004 Audi S4 Cabriolet (current)
    2001 VW Passat 130TDI sport (current)
    2000 BMW E39 M5
    1995 Toyota Supra TT UK spec
    1990 Vauxhall GSi 2000 - massive mods

4th Gear

Status
    am i right in thinking its pin one, that needs to be removed on the concert?
    Last edited by khalil; 29th August 2009 at 16:48.

4th Gear

Status
    ok i disconneted the pin one, which i am sure was the BOSE EARTH, well saying disconneted i mean it broke of the pin while spending a hour trying to remove it from the adaptor lol, but what can i say the sound is just awesome now, sooo much bass and the sytem just sounds so much louder, also i have i alpine mrd 1001 mono amp and a jbl p1220e 12" sub, before it did sound good but now the sub really kicks some azz lol, one question though, by disconneting the bose earth wire, its not going to do any damage to my setup is it?

6+1 Gears

Status
    Which one in the photo from above is the pin you removed?
    DSG | Vienna Leather | Bose Sound | MFSW | Interior Lights Pack | Light & Rain Sensors | Auto Dimming Mirror Mods: LED RNS-e | FL LED Tail Lights | Bi-Xenons | Illuminated Speaker Grilles | Tinted windows | Chrome Switches | Chrome Paddles&Commands | RS4 Start Button | Cruise Control | S3 Pedals | S3 Roof Spoiler | 18" BBS CH | H&R Spacers 10/15 mm | Bilstein B16 PSS10 | H&R 26/24 ARBs | TT Arms | S3 Front Brakes+DS2500+Tarox F2000 | HEL Brake Lines | VNT20 | EGR&Cooler Delete | Custom Remap

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    The one that says Bose, just check top of rns-e as this has wiring label which shows the pin for Bose.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Status
    All the Bose wire does is tell the HU to use a totally flat EQ, no highs, no lows, it must be Bose. By snipping it you get back a smiley face EQ and a much more responsive bass & treble. No damage can be caused at all.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner