Disconnecting the BOSE

khalil

Reaction score
hi can someone please help me on this, i heard that if you disconnect the bose wire pin 7 or 3 i think, that the system will give you a better treble and bass,, if thats true can someone tell me which wire it is and also if i disconnect the wire , where does it go?, its for concert ll bose, on audi a3 2004, many thanks

am i right in thinking its pin one, that needs to be removed on the concert?
audi_concert-cd.gif

Last edited:
ok i disconneted the pin one, which i am sure was the BOSE EARTH, well saying disconneted i mean it broke of the pin while spending a hour trying to remove it from the adaptor lol, but what can i say the sound is just awesome now, sooo much bass and the sytem just sounds so much louder, also i have i alpine mrd 1001 mono amp and a jbl p1220e 12" sub, before it did sound good but now the sub really kicks some azz lol, one question though, by disconneting the bose earth wire, its not going to do any damage to my setup is it?

The one that says Bose, just check top of rns-e as this has wiring label which shows the pin for Bose.

All the Bose wire does is tell the HU to use a totally flat EQ, no highs, no lows, it must be Bose. By snipping it you get back a smiley face EQ and a much more responsive bass & treble. No damage can be caused at all.