AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    2nd Gear

Status

Becker GP (7992)

My new Becker HU has arrived via postie pat and after looking at the connectors + doing a little test I need to ask a question (or two! ) before I replace the standard "Concert" unit.

My 8L seems to have a permanent 12V supply on terminal 7 of socket A (it doesn't have a switched supply) - do I need to swap this to terminal 4 of the same socket......

......... if so, how do I get the bugger out?!! (is it something to do with the yellow tab? )

Thanks in advance.
    2003 ARY A3 TQS - totally bog except for 18" Dezent Motion Blacks - Hopefully the Brembo Jr will fit these and I can start to update my sig!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Swapping it won't work, you need to double it up and feed both 7 & 4 with a permanent live. You'll have to switch the HU on/off manually. Later A3's don't have a switched supply and use the data bus (CANBUS) to tell the HU when the ignition is on/off. You can buy a CANBUS emulator but they're 50+, cheaper to wire in a switched feed or just use your finger.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

2nd Gear

Status
    Andy, once again thanks for your help - do you do this for a living?!!

Any idea where I can get the crimp that sits inside the socket, or a good way of linking the two pins?
    2003 ARY A3 TQS - totally bog except for 18" Dezent Motion Blacks - Hopefully the Brembo Jr will fit these and I can start to update my sig!!

Status
    If there's nothing occupying that slot on the Audi plug, then you'll need to buy an ISO power socket and nick a pin out of that, they're 2.99 in Maplins (or Halfords sell them). To extract the pin you just need a paper clip and insert the 2 ends either side of the pin like this.

Push them in until they feel snug and the pin should pull out.
    Some ISO connectors do have a yellow locking bar, if so remove this before trying to remove or insert the new pin.
    Last edited by AndyMac; 9th August 2009 at 23:24.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks Andy, you're an absolute star