non bose rear sound volume

Aspen

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have installed a kenwood double din head unit, and have always had it just faded to the rear 30% as it's quieter in the rear than the front, if left faded 0-0

I have a connects2 canbus kit and the iso plugs for front and rear are plugged in, as well as the rear rca's.

the rear iso's don't do anything, and the front rca's as well, do nothing.

So all, signal comes from front iso, and rear rca's.

my question is, if the rear are amplified (they are, VAG-Com confirmed)

then why are they quieter? and if it's because the output's on my head unit's rca's are a lower voltage then perhaps newer models, what can I do to counter this, other than just fading 30% rear?

is there an inline amp for rca's?

Nothing to do with your RCA's, in fact they are likely to be higher voltage than the stock HU. The problem is the stock HU had 2 x 20w feeding the fronts, so the rear amp was likewise totally underpowered. With your new HU pushing out at least 2 x 50w to the fronts the rear amp is less than half the power and thus much quieter than the fronts. One option is rewiring the rears directly to the HU and using the RCA feed on your sub out to feed just the "sub", then jack the sub level up on your HU. The sub will still struggle to keep up with the cabin speakers so you are probably better off as you are.