Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Retro-fit Bluetooth mobile phone help

Hi,

I've been told by an Audi dealer that you cannot retro-fit a bluetooth phone connection into an 06 A4 if it hasn't got MMI. I've seen websites which say differently.

Has anyone got any experience of this?

Thanks,

C.
    I've found that thing we all desire.... Quality.

2. # ADS
    ADS

BahnStormer

Status
    okay - I'm feeling guilty constantly recommending HazzyDayz (VWcruise.com), so it's only fair to point out that I'm pretty sure TCLsatnav and Prime Prestige (enquiries@primeprestige.com) also offer this same service.

The only ones I've had expereince of are HazzyDayz, but I belive Prime Prestige were cheaper (and they're very good on comms), but based somewhere near Sheffield.... so too far North for me.... and HazzyDayz travel to you / place of work!

None are that cheap though: non OEM versions are 200-ish inc fitting and OEM is around 300, I think! I had the "SDS high" voice control linked into my steering controls when I got mine doen, so it cost a bit more than that.... but now I get to say "Navigate: to Home", "Telephone, Call home", "Telephone, call the bossy one" (the missus)... etc, etc.... which is very convenient

Please note NOT to use nicknames for your mother-in-law, etc unless the missus already knows about the nicknames!
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

BahnStormer

Status
    bearboy... what headunit do you currently have?

Here's another interesting option if you just have the base level headunits: Becker GP9772

This should give you an OEM looking MP3 player that includes Bluetooth...

Noit sure how well it links in with DIS / steering controls though...
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.