Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    BahnStormer

Status

Serious iPod interfaces: Alpine KCE-425i, et al?

Has anybody tried these? Ł160 from eBay, but I'm not sure if this includes the RNS-E interface, but it seems pretty awesome in terms of functionality (apparently will link up to the RNS-E control, steering controls, etc) and not only supports track names on screen, but also does full video!

What has everybody else heard about these?
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Says on Alpine website it will work, but with an optional third party interface???

See bottom of the page in this link: linky
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

6th Gear

Status
    I have fitted 3 of them to TT's and RS4's, they seem OK. Full browsing of the Ipod, but I guess for Ł160 your not getting the RNS-E IMA interface.

It doesn't support full track names, what it actually does is display the Ipod on the screen as video, so yes it shows them. But the DIS just says "POD" when in use. So it's not actually supporting track names.
    Last edited by s8craig; 7th July 2009 at 20:24.

Status
    sorry, so I'm clear I will see the track name on the RNS-E screen but not on the DIS (which is a step forward from where I am today)
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

6th Gear

Status
    Yes, that is the case. Basically your displaying the video of the Ipod on the RNS-E and interpreting controls of the RNS-E into commands the Alpine understands via the IMA.

BahnStormer

Status
    Factory System

If you’ve got a factory system with a colour display that you don’t want to replace, the KCE-425i (combined with an optional third party interface) lets you play music and videos in the car.
    Are they saying "Kufatec box"... but just without giving them the free advertising?

Why not specify the "third aprty interface" if they know there's one that works?
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

A3 2.0TDI 170bhp PhantomBlack

Status
    My only doubt is:

- Is it pays more to have an AV cable / TV out and call directly to the IMA, and then change my songs directly on ipod

or

- Is it worth it to have the IMA + Plus and Alpine, and always have the iPod in the glove box.

PS: Does the alpine unit also charge ipod?
    2007 Audi A3 | MB POWERED | ECS TAI | Eibach Pro-Kit | 6000k & Leds | Vag-Com Coded
    Custom DeCat Exhaust 2,5'' | Nitroplus | RNS-E w/2010 AN

Advanced In Car Technologies

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Cruiser89 On Twitter Add Cruiser89 on Facebook Visit Cruiser89's Youtube Channel Visit Cruiser89's Instagram Channel
    Sorry to resurrect this thread...

Was searching around, but thought better to ask then start a new one!

Anyways i have one of these units and have installed it with tv in motion and AV interface, plus i can have full control from the RNS-E and dont need to use the remote.

However im having issues with connectivity. I have tried two iPods. It connects for a while and then suddenly bugs out. It says disconnect and reconnect but then you do that and nothing actually happens.

Anybody have any ideas or experienced this issue at all??

Taa