fitment of stereo

evilbow

Reaction score
Website
www.bonusbanter.com
hi any advice would be great, i have a 1997 A3 8L came with no stereo so purchased original one from ebay fitted works a treat for what i use it for. but:wtf: it was 2 or 3mm to wide, solved this by triming the interior dash part slightly, it does slide in all the way but wont stay there!:lmfao: it comes out a little about half an inch sticking out the dash pretty unsightly never mind unsecure. so basically i'm asking does these come with a cage to hold them in place? or is this mainly because i've got one from a newer model of a3 than my own? if this is the case that its because of being from a newer model, anyone any ideas on how once i slide it right in to get it to stay there? have tried a old cage from other stereo, didnt work! am at my wits end now cos every time i sit in my car every sigle day i see it and it pi**es me off:think::uhm:

thanks in advance for your replys and suggestions welcome on back of a postcard:bye:

Hi,

If you search the forums for 'A3 fascia adaptor' lots of useful advice will result...

Cheers,

Ah. Missed the bit about it being an OEM replacement unit... :redface:

Are you sure it was from an A3/S3? The A4 & A6 have slightly different fascias, probably a different cage as well, and the eBay seller may have been 'mistaken about the donor car.

If it's definitely from an A3, then I can only suggest that the retaining clips or the have been damaged at some point. I always remove my Symphony by removing the glovebox and pushing it out from the back, as the fixing mechanism is somewhat flimsy. I would definitely start by looking at them

Cheers,