Help With new headunit ?????

Mike071288

Reaction score
Right just got myself a new headunit for my 99 a3, managed to get a CDA-9887R, and got a wiring adaptor from caraudiodirect.com, tried fitting it today and it powers up fine i just get no sound i cant figure it out, someone please help.

Thanks
Mike

check the manual to see if the CDA-9887R can have its internal amp switched off

also worth checkign if you have a partial or fully amplified system in your a3 at the moment

this is my plug from my car:

P1946_12-05-09.jpg

i dont think my stereo is fully amped

the blue is the CD changer (which won't work if you have one, so sell it on ebay)
The yellow is the rear pre-outs - left, right, screen and remote on.
Your adapter should plug into this and provide you with 2 standard RCA's which you plug into your rear RCA leads on the Alpine. You will then have a blue flying lead on the adapter that you need to connect to the power antenna or remote on lead on the Alpine. This is the trigger to turn on the rear amp, which is probably not connected and thus why you have no rear speakers.
The brown connector (shown behind the blue/green/yellow connector) is your front speaker loom and that simply plugs into the speaker out's on the Alpine.
The red plug is irrelevant.
You don't have a fully amped system, just the rears and sub. You will notice the rears and sub are really quiet compared to the fronts as you now have 3 times the power going to the fronts (2 x 60w) from the Alpines internal amp and only 2 x 20w going to the rear. In fact you have more power going to the fronts than the poxy tupperware subwoofer is pushing out. If you are still running stock speakers then don't be surprised if they fry pretty soon. Personally I'd rewire the rear speakers directly to the Alpine and then just use the adapter connected to the sub out on the Alpine and jack the sub level to the max. Or if you want a huge improvement then go for one of my stealth subs or an active sub in the boot.

Once again Andy you have helped soo much, eventually i will be powering the rear speakers directly from the headunit, as for the sub, i have a jl audio 13tw5 sub that im going to power off a 500/1 amp, but all in good time :)
The fronts will be taken care of with your speaker adaptors and some focal comps.

One question though, is this the adaptor i need?

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/1567.html

Thanks
Mike

cheers buddy, il get down to halfords after work today.

Just to let people know i bought the loom adaptor and its works!!! Unfortunately i do have really loud front speakers and really quite rear speakers and sub now, hopefully next month i can get the 500/1 and make the box up, btw just got some of Andys speaker adaptor rings and i couldn't recommend them more, really fast delivery too:)

Just to let people know i bought the loom adaptor and its works!!! Unfortunately i do have really loud front speakers and really quite rear speakers and sub now, hopefully next month i can get the 500/1 and make the box up, btw just got some of Andys speaker adaptor rings and i couldn't recommend them more, really fast delivery too:)

Hi mate, Where can i get the adaptor rings from?