bose questions ...help please

10blazin

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED
Reaction score
Hi guys i have a 2006 Audi a3 s line i need some help the Bose set up i have i'm actually quite happy with it although i want some more bass i have a spair amp and sub so i don't need to dish out more doe out...

I just want to add power and sound to the amp is there any way i can do that from the boot ie the Bose sub woofer or do i have to put them through the car also how do i take the boot apart to get to the Bose sub and amp could i just bridge my amp to the Bose amp ????...... any PICS and a really thick guide would be great AND APPRECIATED .....:whistle2: :thumbsup:

Whatever you do you'll still need to run a proper fused power cable from the battery to the boot. All other connections can be picked up from the Bose amp, but you can't run an amp using the feeble 5amp cable the Bose unit uses, it'll just keep blowing fuses and eventually the wiring will catch fire.

whats the best and easyest way of running the cable through the car mate and do you know how i strip the boot

yeah ive had a look at that but doesnt really help il just drill it if i have to so just say i get my amp in the boot powered up how do i connect it to the bose amp for sound do it just connect to the wires going in if so which 2 colour wires are they in a clip that i need to seperate ..i appreciate your help by the way :icon_thumright:

could i just take the amp and sub out and replace it with my amp and sub ??? usint the bose clip goin the the amp splice it and just run that into my amp

yes except for the power - the bose amp just doesnt have a big enough cable to supply anything decent - but you can remove the amp/sub and tap the speaker wires and line out at the bose amp connector easily

i want to avoid running cables through the car it pure ******* about its olny a 500 watt amp surely the bose power line cable will be fine wont it .....

does anyonw know if i splice the bose cable apart which colours are for what ??? please

i want to avoid running cables through the car it pure ******* about its olny a 500 watt amp surely the bose power line cable will be fine wont it .....

No it won't - Bose amp is 100w into 2 ohms which is pretty efficient, 500w will draw something like 10amps at least, not a good idea on a cable rated for half that.