Chris NottSky Insurance
    All hail the mighty quattro!

Status

98 S4 Bose rear shelf speakers and sub problem

I have he full amped 10 speaker Bose set up in my 1998 S4. Just noticed yesterday the rear shelf speakers and sub have stopped working but I still have the front and rear doors working.

They all worked before and I have the correct ISO connector to run it all properly.

Cannot see why just these would stop working but not the rest?

Any ideas anyone?
    MRC-Powerflex-Hotchkis-Porsche-Compomtive-Vredestein-034-JHM-Apikol-EBC-FK-Labree-Vibrant-Recaro

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Are you running an aftermarket HU then?
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

Status
    I am yes. But they were all working fine for ages with an aftermarket HU
    MRC-Powerflex-Hotchkis-Porsche-Compomtive-Vredestein-034-JHM-Apikol-EBC-FK-Labree-Vibrant-Recaro

Status
    Well the rear deck woofers do run off their own channels on the Bose amp, so either the speakers are fried (easy to test with a multimeter or AA battery), or the Bose amp for those channels is fried. Unlikely it's a connection issue as both have stopped working together. When you fade to rear I presume you would have got both the doors and the rear deck, i.e. the HU rear channels are feeding both?
    When you say the sub has stopped as well, I thought the rear deck woofers acted as the subs on the saloon, i.e. 10 speaker system, 2 front door woofers + 2 tweeters, 2 rear door woofers + 2 tweeters and then 2 rear deck woofers = 10 speakers
    Last edited by AndyMac; 10th May 2009 at 21:24.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

Status
    Yeah when you fade to the rear you get all rear speakers. I thought the system had front doors, woofers and tweeters (4), rear doors and rear deck (4), and 2 small subs in an enclosure in the boot. But could be wrong. Thanks for circuit diagram, I'll test the speakers and the output from the amp, I'm guessing it's a blown channel in the amp. As both speakers went together. I'll see what I come up with.