HU and Sub Install

thejoose

Reaction score
The original plan was to use an aux in adaptor (autoleads or connects2 etc) and an MP3 player as a source. When I did the sums on this it came to about £150 for what would be a pretty crappy long term solution so thanks to a budget boost from the wife (still funning this stupid addiction of mine!) and a very helpful afternoon at Oxford Car Audio I decided to bite the bullet and go the whole hog - replacing the stock HU with an MP3 playing usb capable HU, as well as running power and rcas for the bass in the back. And here is the result

I left OCA with a JVC KD SH1000 HU, a Celsus Quadlock/Iso Adaptor, double din adaptor and a Celsus 4awg wiring kit

The HU

100_0956.jpg

Inistial thoughts on the HU are very good - handled 8gb of mp3s on a USB stick easily, some great config options as well

The boot - a pair of Lanzar DC8 8" subs in a fantastic Box running from a Lanzar Vibe 1200w amp @ 4ohm
100_0962.jpg

100_0961.jpg

Running the 4awg was pretty easy - managed to find a grommet where the AC comes through the bulkhead just below the glovebox (i had it out to fit the HU anyway)

100_0957.jpg

100_0959.jpg

Ran it down the passenger side sill and into the boot

an earth came from the boot lock mounting point, there was nowhere nearer for a good connection but its out of the way - I will lengthen it when i next get the chance

100_0964.jpg

It sounds ****** good considering its stock speakers and a pair of lightweight 8's getting about 400wrms between them!

I have since made some changes

Just moved bits around this morning - Firing the subs up and re routing the earth cable

100_0966.jpg

100_0968.jpg

And the port - it looks so good - its a shame it cant be seen

100_0970.jpg