Help Fitting DAB to RNS-E

Herald

Reaction score
I have a 2004 allroad. It has RNS-E, TV, OEM Bluetooth conversion and CD changer. I have bought a Pure Highway which transmits DAB through FM. Once I had an external aerial fitted, it is brilliant...unless you live in London, then there are no free frequencies on FM and it is useless. So, guess where we live. It has a 3.5mm line out which would completely cure the problem, so does anyone know how I can connect it whilst leaving everything else working please? I know I don't need a CD changer as I have SD card slots, but my wife likes the CD changer so it is staying!! I feel there must be something to split the CD input, showing it on the Aux source along with the TV and MP3 and CD options?

the oem tv used to have 2 auxillary imputs, selectable from the oem head unit - you could connect the dab audio to the tv aux input - select tv then use the tv controls to select aux 1

Just use the AUX in if you want just the audio mate & I just use the external DAB unit for changing stations, £12 mod if you want proper socket, I fitted mine under the handbrake as with L-shaped jack fits perfect.

auxport1.JPG